What does a Telephone Befriender do?
- Telephone Befrienders offer a regular friendly call to a carer once a week for a confidential chat.
- Calls can be made from your own home and should be no more than 20 mins.
- Alleviate the loneliness and isolation a caring role can bring.
- Provide companionship, support and a listening ear.
- Signpost as appropriate onto other services through the Befriending Coordinator.
There are no qualifications needed as an induction to befriending will be given and on-going support and guidance. The skills required to volunteer are simply the willingness to listen, patience and ability to take notice.
You’ll gain real satisfaction, the opportunity to maintain or learn new skills, further training, meet other volunteers and speak to some inspirational carers!