We have numerous vacancies for Group Development Volunteers to join our friendly and inspiring team. Our service support 74 groups across the county and with an increasing demand we must ensure that the group has a consistent point of contact with the service. Your role will be in one of the Derbyshire District to strengthen communication between peer support groups and our Group Development Workers.
You will visit a range of peer led support groups in the district of your choice, informing and updating the groups with any relevant information given to you by the group development workers. Reporting any information or concerns to the group development team. Encourage the groups to become self-sustainable and promote the importance of peer support within the groups.
About Derbyshire Recovery and Peer Support Service
• An in interest in mental health or supporting those with mental illness.
• Knowledge of various social platforms.
• Excellent active listening and ability to build rapport.
• Able to relate to people from all backgrounds and the ability to remain non-judgemental.
• Understand the importance of confidentiality.
• The ability to explain clearly and confidently how to use the desired platforms.
Over 18’s only
We are looking for volunteers across Derbyshire. This role is agile.
Varied (minimum 1hr p/w)