The Tech Buddy Scheme aims to address the increasing issue of Digital Isolation by matching Tech Savvy Volunteers with individuals who may be too anxious or lack the confidence to use technology to stay connected with friends, family and other support networks. A Tech Buddy Volunteer doesn’t need to be an internet expert, but you should be confident in using both social media and technology. Working with individuals with the Wellbeing Hubs or Peer Support Groups. clearly explaining how to use social platforms which include but are not limited to: Facebook and Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Email services and FaceTime. Creating resources for your Tech Buddy recipient to use to help them understand the social platforms. Planning out support sessions for your Tech Buddy Recipient.
About Derbyshire Recovery and Peer Support Service
• An in interest in mental health or supporting those with mental illness.
• Knowledge of various social platforms.
• Excellent active listening and ability to build rapport.
• Able to relate to people from all backgrounds and the ability to remain non-judgemental.
• Understand the importance of confidentiality.
• The ability to explain clearly and confidently how to use the desired platforms.
Over 18’s only
We are looking for volunteers across Derbyshire. This role is agile.
Varied (minimum 1hr p/w)