Elvaston Castle and Gardens Trust have a number of volunteering opportunities available in and around the Country Park and we need your help!
If you enjoy being outdoors and indoors (for some roles) there are a number of positions to suit all abilities and interests:
- The Secret Garden Volunteers – work every Thursday in Elvaston’s community allotment growing fruit and veg.
- The Old English Garden Volunteers – work on Fridays in Elvaston’s formal walled garden looking after flower beds and ornamental plants.
- The Nature Reserve Volunteers – work every other Sunday in Elvaston’s Nature reserve.
- The ECGT Volunteers – The team I run personally. Currently working every week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) in the nature reserve attempting to improve the site for both nature and visitors. Occasionally we work on other areas of the site, including the historic stable yards.
- Estate Volunteers – Work on Wednesdays and travel all over the park, generally helping maintain and repair Elvaston’s infrastructure, such as paths and fences.
- Retail Volunteers – Help out in Elvaston’s gift shop.
- Admin and Event Volunteers – Take care of office based work and help organise and run events such as the Elvaston Woodland Festival.
Our volunteer groups are a really fun way to meet new people, stay healthy, learn new skills and make a real difference to the park. It is also a great way to build your confidence and gain experience of work within the environmental sector.
Elvaston’s volunteer group currently has around 20 members, from various backgrounds and ages. We welcome people with all levels of experience; the only thing we ask for is enthusiasm!
About Elvaston Castle
Whether you are looking for something completely different to do, want to learn new skills, meet new people or just enjoy being out doors - there are plenty of practical volunteering opportunities at Elvaston Castle Country Park.