The Friendship Hub run by Members of the Royal Air Forces Association (RAFA884) are a group of people dedicated to keep alive the memory of those of the Royal Air Force and Commonwealth Air Forces who gave their lives in the service of their country in world conflicts. We are in effect a living memorial. As a charity our purpose is to raise funding for our welfare services, enabling us to offer and help those less fortunate than us.
Members and ex-members of the Royal Air Force and their dependants can seek our help at any time. This is our remit, achieved in our special ways. The pleasure of a social function that can also raise money for our cause provides great satisfaction to all who participate. I invite you to meet us and see if you too could enjoy being one of us. Serving members of the Royal Air Force ex-members, affiliated members and friends are all eligible for membership
About Friendship Hub
• An in interest in mental health or supporting those with mental illness.
• Knowledge of various social platforms.
• Excellent active listening and ability to build rapport.
• Able to relate to people from all backgrounds and the ability to remain non-judgemental.
• Understand the importance of confidentiality.
• The ability to explain clearly and confidently how to use the desired platforms.
Over 18’s only
We are looking for volunteers across Derbyshire. This role is agile.
Varied (minimum 1hr p/w)