Role – raising the profile of Healthwatch Derbyshire at a local level.
• Promote Healthwatch Derbyshire (HWD) through the circulation of leaflets, posters and information within their local community; community centres, libraries, church halls, shops, at local events etc.
• Ensure that HWD literature, including newsletters, are available in local health and social care settings, e.g. GP surgeries, dentists, opticians etc., and in any other identified public places, e.g. libraries.
• Maintain a record as to where our literature has been distributed.
• Provide information to HWD about health and social care activities and events in their local area.
• Tell people about HWD and encourage them to get involved.
• Promote HWD events and projects to local people and/or people with a common service/need interest.
• Encourage organisations and individuals to sign up as participants of HWD
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience
• A willingness to learn about the role of HWD and the health and social care system more widely.
• Knowledge of the local area and services within it.
• Communications skills to be able to explain what you are doing and why.
• Ability to log your activities and feedback.
• Enjoy working on your own initiative and/or as part of a team.
What support will you be given?
• A full induction to the organisation and the role.
• Full training to prepare you for all aspects of your role and on-going training.
• On-going support with an allocated person from HWD.
• Regular volunteer meetings.
• Opportunities to become involved in other HWD activities.
What are the benefits of being a Networker/ Public Relations Volunteer?
• Increase your confidence and develop new skills including communication skills.
• Free training.
• Knowing that your skills and experience are contributing to the improvement of health and social care services.
• Experience of working with health and social care organisations.
• Knowledge and understanding of how health and social care services are planned, delivered and commissioned.
• References to add to your CV.
• Being part of a team of volunteers and meeting new people.
• Being part of an organisation that is championing the rights of health and social care consumers.
… and you will be a valued part of HWD, in helping us to become an influential and effective patient and public voice.
Any interested parties should contact Helen Walters on 01773 880786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org