a Social Media volunteer to promote, develop and maintain our online presence in order to maximise our impact and to promote ourselves as widely as possible to the local community.
Key Tasks may include:
Help create and maintain a social media plan
Use social media to help promote the activities and achievements of Healthwatch Derbyshire
Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audiences
Develop content for our website and social media, such as Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
Select relevant channels to reach our diverse audiences
Utilise our social media scheduling software to effectively plan content
Keeping up to date with Healthwatch Derbyshire events and news, and choosing what to promote through our social media feeds
Keeping up to date with local updates and adapting these to fit with our content strategy
Write articles for our blog with a view to share important information and encourage others to share their experiences with us
Relevant Skills, Competencies and Experience
An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media.
To be able to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to feedback accurately
Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook etc.
Ideally a resident of Derbyshire
Good understanding of confidentiality
The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about health, public health and social care services in Derbyshire
What support will you be given?
A full induction
Full training on all aspects of the role, including training on our scheduling software (ContentCal)
Regular updates from Healthwatch Derbyshire
On-going support with an allocated person from Healthwatch Derbyshire
Regular volunteer meetings
Opportunities to become involved in other Healthwatch Derbyshire activities.
What are the benefits of being a Social Media Volunteer?
· Development of communication skills
· PR and marketing experience
· Social media development skills
· Data handling skills
· Free training relevant to the role will be provided
· Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of Healthwatch across Derbyshire
· Experience of working with health and social care organisations
· Knowledge and understanding of how health and social care services are planned delivered and commissioned
· References to add to your CV
· Be part of a team of volunteers and meet new people
· Increase your confidence and gain new skills including on-going development and training
· Understanding of the functions of Healthwatch.
… and you will be …
… a valued part of HWD, in helping us to become an influential and effective patient and public voice.
Any interested parties should contact Helen Walters on 01773 880786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org