Why we need your help
Our charity shops rely on generous donations made by the public to raise crucial funds for
Marie Curie. From clothes, homeware and books, to CDs and DVDs, we sell a wide variety of
We are looking for volunteers to help us sort through all these donations, pick out the best
items and prepare and sell them to our customers. Without the help of our dedicated
volunteers we could not provide our customers with high quality items at affordable prices.
This allows us to raise funds so our nurses can continue to provide care to terminally ill people
and support for their families.
About Marie Curie
What we need you to do
Your role will include some of, but is not restricted to, the following tasks:
• Sort through donations, being aware of the possibility of a hidden gem and better quality brands
• Prepare items for sale by checking, hanging, steaming, sizing and pricing them
• Work on the shop floor and provide excellent customer service to our shoppers
• Operate the till
• Help out with basic housekeeping to keep the shop clean and tidy
What skills or experience do you need?
• Friendly and cheerful manner
• Able to work well as part of a team
• Able to follow instructions
• Knowledge of popular and quality brands would be useful